What you get…
The idea here was simple, to try to capture the heart & soul of Rock N Roll, as you and I hear it on well knows records of yesterday through to today. – a lot of producers/engineers went to great lengths to tailer make certain guitar tones, and some not of the so obvious choice. – Here, I tried to create my own twist, running the amps at minimum (therefore effectively rendering them useless as a physical amplifier) as 90% of the tone came from Studio gear. – were talking of Vintage tube EQ’s full of saturation, Old tape machines that offer rich harmonic content, Old compressors, studio strips etc etc, I suppose you can call this an experimental pack. but for sure, some serious record ready tones are available right from the offset..
- Vintage Gear used, Struder 800, Manly Passive Tube EQ, API’ Neve Channel strips, SSL/neve summing mixers etc.
- Many well known Mics used to capture the tone, 57, 414, 87, 121 (GreatRiver & Neve 1073 Mic pre’s)
- Studio Grade quality record ready.
- Hi & low gain included.
What we recommend…
- Strat/Tele for the low gain amps
- Lespaul or Humbucker for the higher gain
- Try Increasing the “Definition” for a brighter/tighter tone
- Try decreasing the “Definition” for a darker/vintage/looser tone
- These were created using reference monitors, so use EQ to taste to adjust to your needs